Broken Reverse Zone

Charles Curley charlescurley at
Sat Dec 1 13:35:29 MST 2007

Why does this not work?

$TTL 3D; Reverse zone IP->DNS
@	IN	SOA	localdomain.	hostmaster.localdomain. (
			2007120101	;
			8H		;
			2H		;
			1W		;
			1D )		;

	IN	NS	phoenix.localdomain.	IN	PTR	phoenix.localdomain.	IN	PTR	charlesc.localdomain.

I generated that with glbindadmin. Bind loads it sucessfully and runs
with it. The forward zone equivalent works. But I get this:

root at phoenix:/var/named/etc# nslookup localhost
Server:         localhost

*** Can't find No answer