Geek lunch at Thai Spice

Jesse Stay jesse at thestays.org
Fri Aug 31 21:32:59 MDT 2007

On 8/31/07, Dr. Scott S. Jones <scott at fyrenice.com> wrote:

> If these gatherings happen more in this area, I'd gladly attend. I'd even
> host a get together at my office, if such interest exists...with catered
> lunch, pizza, sandwiches, etc...Have Lunch, get spine tuned up, meet and
> such.
>
> Scott

There are actually gatherings like this regularly.  Several of the local
bloggers/geeks put them together - there's the Utah blogger dinner (which is
really just a bunch of geeks and I think all of you would feel comfortable),
and then once a month is the CTO breakfast at Novell.  For updates on the
blogger dinner you can follow Phil Burn's blog:
http://www.phil801.com/wpblog (he is a partner of mine), and you can find
updates on the CTO breakfast on Phil Windley's blog: http://www.windley.com.
Phil Windley used to be the CTO of Utah (now teaches at BYU), and geeks from
all over come to that breakfast to share the latest and greatest
technologies that have come around recently.  We also have impromptu lunches
like this all the time - we need more smart people attending!

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl
$^=q;@!>~|{>krw>yn{u<$$<Sn||n<|}j=<$$<Yn{u<Qjltn{ > 0gFzD gD, 00Fz, 0,,( 0hF