[OT] - Looking For Feedback on Storage

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Fri Aug 31 15:36:30 MDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:51 -0600, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone local has experience with the following storage vendors:
>
> BlueArc
> DataDirect Networks
> Ibrix
> Isilon
>
> If so, would you be willing to share a dimes worth of your experience for the
> greater good? I'm looking for what is bad and good with each. I've already
> done extensive research, just looking for 'word on the street' info. Feel free
> to contact me off list if you don't want everyone to see. ;-)

I don't have experience with any of those vendors.  However, I am a big
fan of the Netapp product line.  They can be used in an ordinary SAN
(iSCSI, Fiber Channel), or a direct fileserver (NFS, CIFS).  Awesome
support, reliability, documentation, etc.  Also their popularity and
community size really help.