question compiling git

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 22:35:30 MDT 2007

Hey all,

I've recently decided to try git as my SCM, but I have an Intel
Macbook, so there are no pre-built packages or binaries that I can
find.  So I downloaded the source of the latest stable release and am
building it from scratch.  Given that I've never used it before, I
decided that the documentation would probably be helpful.  However,
it's been 3 hours almost and my build is stuck on one command:

xmlto -m callouts.xsl man git-add.xml

Anybody seen this or have any ideas?  I tried it off and on all day at
work today with pretty much the same results on an Intel iMac.

--
Alex Esplin