Mail re-filterer

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Aug 27 20:43:02 MDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 07:20:31PM -0600, Levi Pearson wrote:
> Von Fugal <fuglv at cs.byu.edu> writes:
>

> I'm still not entirely sure what you mean.  Here are some
> possibilities based on my fuzzy understanding of what you're asking
> for:

I'm not sure what he means either; I think he's been listening to too
many partita and fugals by Johann Sebastian Bach. Or maybe PDQ Bach.

I use grepmail in a shell script I found for use with mutt called
grepm (http://www.barsnick.net/sw/grepm.html). It takes some command
line switchs, a regexp, and a list of files to scan, and calls
grepmail. It tosses the output into a temporary file, then launches
mutt pointing to that file, and you have a nice instance of mutt with
just the emails you want, regardless of which file they came from.

The guts of it are:

grepmail -m "$@" > "${TMPFILE}"