Mail re-filterer

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Mon Aug 27 13:20:45 MDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:45:56PM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> There must be a program out there that does this, but I'm having a hard
> time finding anything appropriate.
>
> I want to filter a local mailbox (mbox or maildir would be fine) and
> spit out mbox on stdout, with only the messages that match some filter.
> An example might be, only messages more recent than 24 hours ago.
>
> Can procmail be wrangled into this sort of bulk processing? Is there something
> else out there to do this? It seems like an immensely helpful thing to
> have.

"Grepmail searches a normal or compressed mailbox for a given regular
expression, and returns those emails that match it. Piped input is
allowed, and date and size restrictions are supported, as are searches
using logical operators."

http://grepmail.sourceforge.net/

It is available in Fedora, so likely for debian disties as well.

Njoy!