Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:41:27 MDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
> * Andrew Jorgensen [Wed, 22 Aug 2007 at 12:36 -0600]
> > I'm pretty sure I don't need an Internet connection at home.  I rarely
> > use it because my company has a usage policy that allows "incidental
> > personal use" or something like that and I can get my own business
> > (banking, plug, etc.) done during lunch or after hours before going
> > home.
> <snip/>
> > It's also refreshing and good for your relationships to just not use
> > the ol' Interweb at home.
>
> But it's completely healthy for your home relashionships to stay at work
> late?

Eh, maybe some unhealthy but I'll bet my wife would rather I stayed at
work a little later and got the bills payed, etc. than come home and
either stay up late to get it done or push the kids away while I work.
 So, um, yes probably completely healthy for me to stay at work
another half hour or so if you look at it this way.  I'm not talking
about staying after to play Desktop Tower Defense for an hour (curse
you, Jon, for mentioning that game - I wasted some good time last
night playing it! definitely not healthy).