Failover dhcp server

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Wed Aug 22 16:54:10 MDT 2007

Hopefully this won't get lost in all the noise on the list.

Has anyone successfully set up two ISC dhcp servers in failover
configuration?  I'm trying to follow the guide at
http://www.madboa.com/geek/dhcp-failover/ but I'm not having any
success.  Bringing up the primary dhcp server doesn't properly see that
the secondary isn't running yet, and so dhcp requests just get unanswered.

My second problem is more of a Cisco one.  How can I specify two dhcp
server in the vlan configuration?  ip helper address only lets you set a
single IP address, which seems kind of odd to me.

Michael