Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Wed Aug 22 11:26:28 MDT 2007

Jon Gale wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at utahpython.org> wrote:
>>
>> Internet access similarly crossed the line from "luxury" to
>> "necessity" some time ago.
>

> Give me a break!
>
> Guess what, the US Postal Service still delivers mail the old fashioned
> way.  Banks have live (gasp!) humans working in brick and mortar buildings
> available to help you transact financial business.  Your phone book has the
> names and numbers of any person or business you need to reach locally.  You
> can buy porn in downtown Salt Lake (or you can drive to Evanston if you need
> the hard stuff) and you can actually shop (in person) at a local retailer!
>
> Internet access is a necessity?  Hardly.

There are also still hand tools in use.

Electricity was not a necessity for all in an equal time frame. For some
it was about 2-3 decades before they became dependent upon it.

I think the key word is *similarly* ... as it's not a luxury item any
more but the common folk have access to it.

Mister Ed