Hit and Run

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Wed Aug 22 11:20:13 MDT 2007

> They should make the laws punish those convicted of driving while talking
> (dwt) as severe as for drunk or other driving distraction.
>
> fwiw...

There is precedent emerging from the judicial side on distracted
driving.  One gal in the great lakes area (if I recall correctly) was
sentenced to several years in prison for distracted driving.  She hit a
child that darted out from between cars.  Normally a hard thing to
avoid, but with her interest in attending to her electronic gadgets, the
judge felt it wise to send a strong message to the public, using her as
an example.

Mister Ed