Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Thad Van Ry thad at linuxnetadmin.com
Wed Aug 22 11:02:23 MDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Jonathan Duncan <jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
> Since when is having a connection to the Internet a God given right?
<snip a whole bunch of useless blather>
>Grow up
> and start thinking like adults used to think.  (In general, I find
> "grown-ups" these days act more like five-year-olds, myself included.)

Since when is expecting a large company to abide by a contract acting
like a 5 year old? Yes, their Terms of Service is considered by many
attorneys to be a legally binding contract. That's why they recently
sent out an arbitration agreement to their cussomers. (Intentional
misspelling.)
If they want to charge more for certain services, fine. Put it in
writing. If they want to limit bandwidth, fine. Put it in writing.
Unfortunately, they realize that many customers don't have a choice
for true "high-speed" internet.