Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Wed Aug 22 09:49:59 MDT 2007

You are still voting with your wallet that what they are doing is OK.

You claim they are the only game in town, but they are not.  You have
wireless.  You have dialup.  You can go across the cel phone network if
you want.  Sure, they aren't nearly as fast, but they are there.

Point of fact, Internet Access is not a protected Right under the
constitution.  They offer a service; you can pay for it or not.  If you
don't like the market you are in, change markets. (and yes, I know
moving is extreme, but it is always an option).

They are giving specifically what they claim, and are occasionally
changing things they do not specify.  Just because you assumed when you
signed up that some undiscussed abilities were there when you signed up,
doesn't mean they don't have the right to change them when the business
model shows otherwise.

Whatever you think, they are within their legal rights.

-Steve