[OT] Hit and Run

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:33:17 MDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Joseph Hall <joseph at thatworks.com> wrote:
> See, that's what I'm getting at. I could be wrong, but I like to think
> that my driving is the same whether I'm talking to the person in the
> seat next to me or if I'm talking on a hands-free set (I refuse to
> talk on the drive and talk on the phone without the hands-free set). I
> certainly don't feel any more distracted. I suppose anyone that's
> driven with me in both situations would be able to tell me better.

A better metric would be to ask the people you talk on the phone to.
When my family catches me on my cell-phone while I'm driving they
won't talk to me because I'm distracted from the conversation because
I focus on the road and the cell-phone conversation is just more
background noise.  However, I think that trying to make a
self-judgment on our own distractedness while talking on a cell-phone
vs. normal, in-car conversation is virtually impossible.

--
Alex Esplin