[OT] Hit and Run

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:07:29 MDT 2007

On 8/22/07, Joseph Hall <joseph at thatworks.com> wrote:
> I don't get it. Why should talking on a cell phone be any different
> from holding a drink in one hand and talking to somebody in the
> passenger seat while driving? People do that all the time, and I have
> yet to hear somebody complain about it. Or if you're using a
> hands-free set, how should that be any different from driving with
> both hands and talking to the person in the passenger seat, or the
> back seat?

Because your mind is somewhere else.  I mean that in an almost literal
way.  When you're talking on a cell phone your mind isn't in the car
-- it's with the person on the other end of the conversation.  When
you're holding a drink and talking to your buddy in the back seat your
mind is still in the car.