[OT] Hit and Run

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Tue Aug 21 22:47:42 MDT 2007

Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Mister E <Mister.Ed at agoracart.com> wrote:
>> ps - recent studies show that cell phone users, while driving, have the
>> same reaction time as do legally intoxicated drivers, so this is no lite
>> thing for me personally... and I would have probably done differently
>> above had it happened recently, and I was in a position to issue a
>> citation. However, it's the only real life instance I could share at
>> this point.
>
> FWIW, a different study looking at real-world statistical data just
> found no correlation between cell phone use and accidents:
> http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2007/08/13_cellphone.shtml

   that is interesting.   But it only measures general cell phone use
compared to accident numbers in seven states.  I like to see studies
that revolve around distracted driving statistics rather than cell phone
usage in general. While useful in a general way, I don't think it mutes
the other studies that measure more along the lines of impaired reflexes.

Mister Ed