[OT] Hit and Run

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Aug 21 20:55:30 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 17:36 -0600, Mister E wrote:
> ps - recent studies show that cell phone users, while driving, have the
> same reaction time as do legally intoxicated drivers, so this is no lite
> thing for me personally

A study at the University of Utah, no less. It showed the people who
were at the legal limit did as well or better than those using cell
phones. If anybody is wondering, using a hands free set did not make a
difference. It's not a lack of dexterity that causes the danger, but
being mentally detached from the situation.

Wow. This is getting really OT. Um... I think they used a computer to do
the study. They should have used Linux if they didn't.

Corey