[OT] Hit and Run

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 16:25:46 MDT 2007

--- Steve <smorrey at gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome to Utah, this is pretty standard fare especially for
> Utah county.

It's not just Utah.  A few years ago I was rear-ended on the
freeway by a drunk driver north of Denver.  Both vehicles were
totalled.

His insurance paid off the loan on my truck, and paid something
on the order of ten cents on the dollar for medical expenses.  He
did get a citation out of the deal -- a whopping $35 fine.

If I'm ever in a situation like that again, I want the lawyers
there *before the ambulance*.  I'm not sure if they'll be able to
do much better even then, but it's the best strategy I can come
up with.