Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 16:04:07 MDT 2007

--- Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:
> While I don't agree, why can't they? They have the right to
> refuse service to anyone -- just like a restaurant can if
> you're not wearing shoes. If you don't like their service, take
> your business elsewhere.

Why exactly do you suppose that Comcast is so afraid of projects
like iProvo and UTOPIA?

Because when customers CAN take our business elsewhere -- when
there IS an elsewhere to take it -- we DO.  We HAVE, and more
customers doubtless WILL in the future.

If the only "elsewhere" that's available is dial-up, though, then
the theory of taking your business elsewhere is just that: a
theory, with no practical way to implement it in the real world.