Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Tue Aug 21 16:04:04 MDT 2007

Blocking torrents is completely different than "unlimited" usage.

They allow you to download and upload all you can with the bandwidth
caps they have in place (and advertise) which is unlimited usage.  At
the same time, they are restricting some of the less used (by number of
customers) ports that cause them the most hassle, cost, and
administrative time (blocking torrents, etc).

Also, just because they don't specifically spell out every aspect of
their service in the ToS doesn't mean they are wrong.  How many of us
have gotten a ticket for something that wasn't specifically in the Utah
Drivers manual, or on that written test?  It doesn't mean they can't
give the ticket.

Just because they don't specify something, doesn't make it right or
wrong.  Again, back to business decisions.  Vote with your wallet, if
you feel strongly about it.  If you are one of the ones they are loosing
money on, then you both get what you want.

-Steve