[OT] Hit and Run

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 14:15:24 MDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Kenneth Burgener <kenneth at mail1.ttak.org> wrote:
> [...]
> Suggestions?  Comments?

Wild.  I'm sorry you went through that.  My comment is that we had
someone smash our car in a parking lot.  The guy who did it gave us a
phone number and said that the car he was driving was borrowed.  We
gave the number and name to the insurance company and were told  we'd
have to pay our (at that time) $500 deductible which they would give
back to us eventually if they could get the guy to pay it to them.
They talked to him once, maybe twice, and then he changed his phone
number.  The weird part is that because they couldn't find the guy who
did it anymore it became a hit and run which to our delight did not
require us to pay the deductible.  Your insurance may vary, of course.

So long story short, we were better off (as was he I guess) that he
chickened out.