Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Thad Van Ry thad at linuxnetadmin.com
Tue Aug 21 10:31:36 MDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:

> That still doesn't make what they are doing illegal or unethical,
> does it?

Having a monopoly on High Speed internet? Unethical? You decide. If
you could only get TV through one cable provider (no OTA, no
satellite) and that cable provider decided they weren't going to carry
Fox 13, would you think it was illegal or unethical?

You must have more choices for High Speed Internet. Or else you have a
lower threshold for what "High Speed" means. I live on the west side
of Woods Cross. I can't get DSL where I'm at and I've had Wireless in
the past. Wireless was much slower than DSL.

Thad