Comcast_Is_Starting_The_Tiered_Internet_Whether_We_Like_It_or_Not

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:28:01 MDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Wade Preston Shearer <lists at wadeshearer.com> wrote:
> > And I will take my business elsewhere.  That we can agree on.
> >
> > The point is that if they can control a particular type of protocol,
> > what's to stop them from saying "well http is costing us too much so
> > we'll start limiting it"
>
> Nothing. Don't they have the right to provide whatever service they
> choose?

Actually, they don't.  The customer does that for them, or at least it
should be the reason they run their company, to help the customer
succeed.  If the customer succeeds, they make money.  And that's
really what they want even if they are providing this service isn't
it?

> > would you get pissed then?
>
> Absolutely.

So what's the difference?  bittorrent isn't inherently illegal.