What to put on Resume?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Thu Aug 16 20:46:32 MDT 2007

> Hey everyone,
> All of this talk lately has gotten me thinking about updating my
> resume which I haven't touched in roughly 3 years.
>
> Question is what should a modern resume look like?

Last time I did mine I was advised to use an 'achievement' format.  So
instead of listing out all my jobs, and all my individual nits, taking up
way too many pages for people to care, I listed out key objectives I had
met.  I would state a major task, and possibly how *I* individually
influenced it's completion, and possibly using a tool or something unique I
did with it.  Laying out in this format I was told works better as it should
show what you've actually done, and how you used a tool to complete
something a potential company might be interested in, instead of merely your
job hopping capabilities, and the ability to copy buzzwords.

Sure, it can still be faked out, but it helped me.  It also helps when you
use the same tools at many jobs, to condense what is becoming the far
too-common overrun resume.

--
Jayce^