What to put on Resume?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:20:43 MDT 2007

Hey everyone,
All of this talk lately has gotten me thinking about updating my
resume which I haven't touched in roughly 3 years.

Question is what should a modern resume look like?  For instance, mine
has all of the languages I was proficient or at lest reasonably good
with up to 2004.  The list includes some 15 languages, but if I update
to what I know now, that list is going to grow to over 30 and thats
just off the top of my head.  Additionally I'm a bit rusty on some of
these languages, and others I'm afraid might just need to be removed.
For instance what is a modern employer going to think of "BASIC" since
other than VB no one really uses it anymore.

Is there a list of good and bad tech "buzzwords" that HR departments
are presently looking for?  I really don't want to have to make the HR
folks break out a tech dictionary just to understand that I'm a good
programmer who picks up languages quickly and on an as needed basis.

Anyways, thoughts suggestions and comments would be wonderful.

Sincerely,
Steve