Salary Spin

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Thu Aug 16 16:38:29 MDT 2007

Bryan Sant wrote:

> Through my career I've found the following things to be true:
>
> 1) Salary caps for a given job are a figment of one's imagination.
>
> If you have mad skills and you are genuinely valuable to an
> organization, you can always negotiate a higher salary.  Your employer

    I took a lower paying job when I graduated college(school and I
don't do well), but I found this to be true.  I negotiated a much higher
pay with in a year and half because I provided that much value to the
company(at one point I gave my two weeks).
    Now I may have gone to work for another company at a higher initial
pay that was less willing to negotiate, and would have been worse off.
    So I agree you might be better off going to work for a company at a
lower pay if that company is willing to raise your pay higher quicker,
but it's hard to know that unless you know someone who is already
there.  I just got lucky.

Kyle

Kyle

--
no amount of fear can stop the rise of free media, or free software (they are the same, after all)

Jonathan Swartz
CEO Sun Microsystems