Chip recommendations

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Thu Aug 9 13:01:21 MDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 10:52:11AM -0600, Jason Hall wrote:
> It's time to upgrade the "Family" computer, and I am planning on getting one
> of the new iMacs. (of course sitting next to my linux box, using synergy).
> I'm looking at getting the 24" version, and while I normally wouldn't go for
> the top upgrade based on lack of ROI for the features, I'm interested in
> this one.

I don't know how old you are, but the younger you are the more you
will benefit from the following advice:

If you work more than a few hours a day with a computer, get a good,
sharp definition display! When you get to my age (slightly younger
than Triceratops), you will appreciate the rest on your
eyeballs. That's your ROI on that component.