Chip recommendations

Levi Pearson levi at cold.org
Thu Aug 9 12:16:25 MDT 2007

"Jason Hall" <jayce at lug-nut.com> writes:

> It's time to upgrade the "Family" computer, and I am planning on getting one
> of the new iMacs. (of course sitting next to my linux box, using synergy).
> I'm looking at getting the 24" version, and while I normally wouldn't go for
> the top upgrade based on lack of ROI for the features, I'm interested in
> this one.  For those who aren't geeky enough to have looked, you can upgrade
> from a 2.4ghz core 2 duo santa-rosa based chip, to a 2.8ghz core 2
> "extreme".

In case you haven't seen it, Ars Technica has a nice review of the new
iMac.  They benchmark the 20" model against the old 17" model, a Mac
Pro, and a MacBook Pro.  It performs very well with the 2.4ghz chip.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/aluminum-and-glass-a-review-of-the-new-imac.ars

                --Levi