Chip recommendations

Scott Barlow scott.barlow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:11:55 MDT 2007

Jayce,

First, excellent choice. The Core 2 Extreme is an awesome processor and the
iMac can't get much sexier than this (in my opinion).

I believe it's the difference between a 4M and 8M cache, and _possibly_ a
1066MHz and 1333Mhz BUS difference other than clock speed, from what I can
tell. I wish Apple gave the SKUs of the CPUs they use so I could tell you
for sure, and googling came up with nada. But with those differences, you'll
be able to push more through the pipes faster. Both chips are 65nm-based by
the way.

I went to:
http://compare.intel.com/pcc/default.aspx?familyID=1&culture=en-US, to
compare the different families.