Hiring Sr. Sysadmin

Dan Hanks danhanks at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:03:17 MDT 2007

Hi folks,

United Online Web Services in Orem, UT (freeservers.com, 50megs.com,
bizhosting.com, etc) is looking to hire a senior-level sysadmin.

We're looking for someone with 5-ish or more years of experience in
managing Linux systems.

Key stuff we're looking for:

- Plenty of Linux administration experience, preferably in large (100+
machines) installation 24/7 web environments.

- Self-educating. Self-managing. Self-motivating. Able to communicate clearly.

- A multi-system mentatlity, with an eye towards reproducibility,
maintainability, and mass-configuration.

- Experience with Redhat/Fedora/CentOS systems is a plus.

- Programming experience (preferrably Perl) is a plus.

- Database experience with Oracle / MySQL / Postgresql a plus

- Experience with cfengine or other mass-configuration engines a plus.

- Virtualization experience is a plus

Benefits are complete and competitive:
Medical/Vision/Dental/401k/Flex-account/etc.

Send your resume along and I'll get it into the hands of the right people.

Thanks,

-- Dan