August PLUG Meeting: Mid-Career Development

Shane Hathaway shane at
Wed Aug 8 10:20:18 MDT 2007

Robert Merrill wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Jonathan Ellis <jonathan at> wrote:
>> True enough, but to stand out you need to explain _what_ makes this
>> job more compelling/"fast-paced" than others.
>> -Jonathan
> Sarcasm aside -- this is ABSOLUTELY what a good recruiter will do for
> you, and not the rest.

In that case, I would expect a good recruiter to provide accurate
answers for the Joel Test or a similar test.

Most of the job listings on include a test
score.  I find that very helpful.  Unfortunately, none of the jobs
listed are in Utah.  I hope that changes.