August PLUG Meeting: Mid-Career Development

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:01:15 MDT 2007

On 8/8/07, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:

> This can't happen with vague and ambiguous job postings. And please, make
> them less painful to read.

I thought we uninstalled
jobseeker.pain.inflict('while_reading_jobpost'), but maybe its still
in there thanks to some legacy code.

We do have a very complicated AJAX-based WYSIWYG, facebook-platform,
RPC, VC-funded "job post obfuscator" that takes what I write for the
job description, such as:

"Need Java Guru. Must have 3+yrs JBOSS.  Client in Oracle Environment"

And turns it into:

"Our incredibly well-funded customer is seeking a Coffee-Drinking
spiritual leader with 5+ years experience in J-management.  Ability to
see the future preferred."