reverse video

Stephen Ward sjward at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:21:53 MDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:

> Not long ago, Stephen Ward proclaimed...
> > I have very little experience using ffmpeg--I'm not even sure it's the
> tool
> > I want to use in this case.  What I want is to be able to reverse the
> frames
> > of a video file (I think it's an AVI (I don't have it handy)) so that
> the
> > movie plays in reverse.  Does anyone know how I can do this?
>
> THere's probably a really easy way to do it from the command-line using
> mencoder or transcode, but avidemux2 has "reverse" as a filter. Open your
> video file, then go to Video->Filters. It's under the "Transform" tab.

I took a quick look at transcode since I already had it installed, but I
couldn't find an option to reverse the video.

So I installed avidemux, and sure enough the filter was there.  There was
even another filter for rotating video, which I've often wanted in the
past.  Thanks for the tip!  This worked beautifully.

Stephen