August PLUG Meeting: Mid-Career Development

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:10:37 MDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Ryan Simpkins <plug at ryansimpkins.com> wrote:
>  This month we have a unique guest presenter coming to PLUG. Robert Merrill
> from SOS Technical is coming to address the group. Robert is the Technical
> Account Manager for Utah county. He will be discussing mid-career development,
> including:
>
> - What are recruiters good for?
> - Why are recruiters HATED? (Open source-style feedback loop).
> - Careering.
> - How to be irreplaceable (protect yourself against layoffs).

@All: I am looking forward to this presentation.  I hope to start a
conversation about these topics.
- What do you want to know?
- What aggravates you about job-searching and/or recruiters in general?
- What are your thoughts/concerns in this market/economy
- What do you wish hiring managers and recruiters would "get" that
they just don't get.
- How do YOU like to be approached about job opportunities?
- etc?

--
Robert Merrill
801-885-0400 (c)