August PLUG Meeting: Mid-Career Development

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Mon Aug 6 12:26:21 MDT 2007

Hello All,

Date: Wednesday Aug 8, 2007
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: United Online

This month we have a unique guest presenter coming to PLUG. Robert Merrill
from SOS Technical is coming to address the group. Robert is the Technical
Account Manager for Utah county. He will be discussing mid-career development,
including:

- What are recruiters good for?
- Why are recruiters HATED? (Open source-style feedback loop).
- Careering.
- How to be irreplaceable (protect yourself against layoffs).

Robert has a background as a programmer and web developer. Like many of us he
was caught in the dot-com burst. Frustrated with recruiters that undervalued
his position and never got him a job, Robert set out to tackle the way
business was done. Come take advantage of this unique opportunity that may
significantly change your career. Bring your suggestions regarding Open Source
and technical recruiting in our area. Come learn the secrets of salary
negotiation and more. See you there!!

-Ryan