free software for Linux

Russel Caldwell caldr704 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:08:14 MDT 2007

I'm looking for free software for education. In particular I'm looking for a
multiple choice test generator that gives me formatting flexibility
especially with regard to graphs and equations. I'd like to find something
that would allow me to create test banks of questions. Is there something
along these lines that would work with Latex? I don't know. I'm kind of
groping in the dark here. I'd also like any other ideas you might have for
teaching, especially when it comes to teaching computer science. Are there
educational programming games out there? Anybody know about Moodle? Is it an
effective educational tool?

Thanks.
Russ