moving /usr to bigger partition

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Apr 26 13:26:57 MDT 2007

Stuart Jansen wrote:
> Sure, there's an up-front cost to learn LVM. But the whole point is that
> there is no "maintaining LVM". LVM makes long term maintenance easier,
> not harder.

We have no disagreement that learning LVM is useful for people who want
to maintain servers.  However, I'm subscribed to the LVM general
discussion mailing list and I see an astonishing number and variety of
mistakes people make with LVM; most of the time they lose a lot of data.
 This tells me that LVM is not yet mature enough for people who do not
wish to be system administrators.

Shane