Mac Slaves: IRC clients?

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Thu Apr 26 09:38:36 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 21:08 -0600, Matthew Walker wrote:
> On Wed, April 25, 2007 5:14 pm, Brandon Stout wrote:
> > If Gaim/Pigeon (sp?) has a Mac version, you might try Gaim for all your
> > chatting with all protocols.  You will want the irc plugin if you use
> > Pigeon (sp?).  If Macs support KDE/Gnome, you might try Kirc, or
> > whatever comes with Gnome for IRC.
> >

> Pigin, as in the language variant, not the bird. :)

I've deleted the gp post, but the program they are thinking of for Mac
that's based on Gaim (Pidgin is an awful name) is Adium.  I believe it
supports IRC just like gaim does.  This is nice because you can use one
program for all your instant messenger needs and also because you can
treat IRC users as normal buddies.