Asterisk phones

jeff jeff at parlant.com
Thu Apr 26 01:29:00 MDT 2007

Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> Doran L. Barton wrote:
>
>>Not long ago, Daniel proclaimed...
>>
>>>I was talking with the one of the phone guys at the organization and
>>>he said the (sip) phones that would work with Asterisk are expensive
>>>compared to phones that work with Mitel, so we have Mitel phones.
>>>Could the phones that work with Mitel also work with Asterisk?
>>
>>The Grandstream GXP-2000 phones are cheap ($80) and rock sufficiently.
>

> I will second the Grandstream GXP-2000 phones.  We use them at work and
> they work great!

I third it.  I do not recommend the Grandstream Budget Tone 100 ($40).
We use both.  Pay the extra $40.

The GXP-2000 has some nice featurs for a cheap phone, 4 line buttons.
You can program the settings from a text file (needs processed with
their utility).  Uses and XML for the phone book and programming the
screen.  Can program the ringtones as well.  Utilites are for Linux not
just windows :)