NFSv4 and Kerberos

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Apr 25 12:54:21 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 10:56 -0600, Michael L Torrie wrote:
> Has anyone on the list successfully set up NFSv4 with Kerberos under
> Linux?  I am in the process of trying to get this working.  Right now
> I'm trying simply Linux to Linux, but eventually I have to get this
> working on Solaris also.  If anyone has done this before, I have a
> number of questions for them as I go along.

Linux to Linux at least, yes. It's not for the faint of heart, but it
works and the improved security is nice. Unfortunately, in the past
we've had some reliability issues with Linux NFSv4, but I think they've
been addressed in the most recent Enterprise releases.

cat <<- SHAMELESS_PLUG
In fact, one of the major focuses of our GL550 is kerberizing various
services.
http://www.gurulabs.com/courseware/gl550+enterprise+linux+security
+administration.php
SHAMELESS_PLUG