Crashed pvmove

Jordan Curzon curzonj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:53:00 MDT 2007

I am using LVM on a software raid 1 disk and tried to use pvmove. It
got an IO error and crashed at 62%. When I rebooted the box and tried
to restart pvmove it said that the number of segments doesn't match
the metadata. Now the logical volumes report an IO error when I try to
mount any of them. The logical volumes have XFS file systems on them
and the data we are trying to recover are the innodb files from mysql

This has really important data that we failed to backup. Does anyone
have any ideas about how to fix pvmove or find the innodb files on the
raw disk?

-Jordan Curzon