enthusiastic new linux user

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:53:41 MDT 2007

The sunlight reflecting off of your bright eyes and bushy tail is
giving me a headache.  Before I crawl back in my cave, though...

> I am interested in being a part of a Linux user group

That was an easy goal.  Congratulations, and welcome.

> I am particularly interested in contributing to the community in any way that I can

I need a device driver for my network card implemented for the STD
distro of Knoppix.  Let me know when you're done. ;-)

> I realize that the only way open source can continue is if people don't just leach

On the contrary, by using the software you're expanding the user base.
 Software without a user base is like a language that no-one speaks.
Just by using it, you are helping the Communist virus of the GPL to
spread across the land.

> Can I sign up?

You already have.  Just be sure to never top post, and always trim your replies.

What is the largest power of two that has three zeros at the end of
its base 7 representation? (before the radix point, aka "decimal