enthusiastic new linux user

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 13:53:41 MDT 2007

Allen,

The sunlight reflecting off of your bright eyes and bushy tail is
giving me a headache.  Before I crawl back in my cave, though...

> I am interested in being a part of a Linux user group

That was an easy goal.  Congratulations, and welcome.

> I am particularly interested in contributing to the community in any way that I can

I need a device driver for my network card implemented for the STD
distro of Knoppix.  Let me know when you're done. ;-)

> I realize that the only way open source can continue is if people don't just leach

On the contrary, by using the software you're expanding the user base.
 Software without a user base is like a language that no-one speaks.
Just by using it, you are helping the Communist virus of the GPL to
spread across the land.

> Can I sign up?

You already have.  Just be sure to never top post, and always trim your replies.

--
What is the largest power of two that has three zeros at the end of
its base 7 representation? (before the radix point, aka "decimal