Postfix Virtual Mail Server using MySQL

Chris Carey chris.carey at
Fri Apr 20 11:10:38 MDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Dallin Jones <squitoey at> wrote:
> > >From the look and name of his config file "authmysqlrc", I'd say its Courier.
> That is correct, I am currently using Courier. Sounds like I should be
> using Dovecot though. So your guys guess is that it is not
> authenticating properly? That helps some, I will also look into
> Dovecot. Thanks.

Courier should be fine. Don't give up just yet. Courier can do this
and it's probably just some silly setting that is wrong.

Is the GID and UID correct? It could be a permissions problem.

Verify the mysql field names in MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD  are correct

Verify you actually want to be using MYSQL_WHERE_CLAUSE, and if so,
verify that you actually have a field named "access" that is set to
"y" on the active accounts.