Wireless PCI Card

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:43:51 MDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Stephen Shaw <sshaw at decriptor.com> wrote:

> I'm looking to buy a wireless pci card that I can use as an AP.  What is
> the
> recommeded/tried cards?  I've had a netgear that gives me kernel panics
> with
> the madwifi drivers.  Not sure what going on there???

You may find greater luck hacking a linksys router with openwrt ... Then
just set it into bridging mode and plugging the ETH into it.
It works pretty well and if you really want to get creative, you can use
POE  (power over ethernet) to pretty much put it anywhere without moving
your base computer.

Just a thought!

-- Matthew Frederico
http://www.ultrize.com