Postfix Virtual Mail Server using MySQL

Dallin Jones squitoey at
Fri Apr 20 10:15:19 MDT 2007

I am trying to set up a Postfix virtual mail server storing the
usernames, passwords, and other info in a MySQL database. The sending
and recieving of email seems to be working like a champ. The directory
storing the Maildir data seems to be getting the mail. I can also send
email no problem, both through SMTP and through `telnet localhost 25`

The problem that I am running into, is that neither POP or IMAP seem
to work properly. Thunderbird seems to get looked into a "Host
contacted, sending login information" state. IMAP returns and error of
"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded:
Unable to open this mailbox." I have tried tweeking all kinds of
things, but have been unable get this portion functioning properly.
Any ideas? I am not sure if it is failing with the MySQL queries, the
file permissions on the maildir or what.  Here is the authmysqlrc:

MYSQL_SERVER            localhost
MYSQL_USERNAME          mysqluser
MYSQL_PASSWORD          mysqlpassword
MYSQL_PORT              0