Very OT: Possible Scam, what do you think?

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:06:06 MDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Daniel <teletautala at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would talk to a legal friend about what he can legally do to you.

I called a lawyer and asked about the situation.  He said that the
statement I made wasn't libel, that if Dr. Capitals did sue me he'd
have to either do it in Utah or (if he won a default judgment against
me in another state) have the judgment "transferred" (not the lawyer's
word) to Utah in order to have any effect on me.  If I recall
correctly, at the point that the judgment gets "transferred" to Utah,
I can fight it in the courts here.  Assuming that Dr. Capitals loses
the case (and it seems pretty clear that he would lose), I could sue
him back for (if I understand correctly) wasting my time with a
frivolous lawsuit.

So given that he would presumably not sue in the first place, that if
he did he'd have to bring it to me here in Utah, and that if he lost I
could potentially hit him back, I'm guessing that the end result here
will be a big fat nothing, except for an entertaining post on my blog.

Dan