Very OT: Possible Scam, what do you think?

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:57:41 MDT 2007

I have seen the links and visited, among other links his bio page:
http://www.gdnet.org/middle.php?oid=189&zone=researcher&action=researcher&researcher=759
He seems like an actually guy.  He may have interdisciplinary degrees,
but it looks like he has a bachelor's degree, master's degree, a
couple of doctorate degrees, educational degrees and so forth, but why
he needs to tout all of them is beyond me.  Flaunting the fact that
you have a bachelor's degree and a master's degree is like saying I
graduated from elementary school and high school.  Who cares that you
graduated from elementary school if you graduated from high school.  I
don't know how much legal action this person can take against you.   I
googled his name with a few derivations and I only see the post if you
use "C. J. Reiss" and it is on the first page, but I don't see why
many people would be googling that particular phrase.  If you use "Dr.
C. J. Reiss" the top link is a list of researchers and a link to their
bios, of which one is his.  If you use "Dr. Christopher Jacob Reiss"
you get the same link.  If you use "Christopher Jacob Reiss" you get a
different bio page and then the previous link.  I would talk to a
legal friend about what he can legally do to you.  I guess I need to
be careful what I say too or I could get a cease and desist order as
well, but I don't know.

-Daniel