Very OT: Possible Scam, what do you think?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Tue Apr 17 10:23:13 MDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 10:08 -0600, Jason Hall wrote:
> Same thread, the guy googled himself and Daniel's reply came up
> first :) so he is going after daniel saying he's losing "consulting
> business" because of the reply.

This is the first I've read this thread - guess I wasn't interested in
the original subject.  It's become very interesting now :)

Is it too late to reply to a comment made earlier?  I didn't think so :)

> Just based on the guy's signature, I'd say it's a scam.  How can
> anyone be so full of themselves that they'd put TWO LINES of acronyms
> after their name?  Reminds me of a line from a book:
>
> "I am Borel, Duke of Hendrake, Master of Arms of the Ways of Hendrake."
> "You speak with a lot of capitals, sir"

This line reminds me of another quotable, self-important and threatening
looser...

"I am the City Manager of Tuttle, Oklahoma."

/me is overcome by a quiet reverence.

Gabe