VOIP Provider Again

Kenneth Burgener kenneth at mail1.ttak.org
Thu Apr 12 22:24:49 MDT 2007

Jesse Stay wrote:
> I'm just curious - why are so many departing from Vonage lately, other
> than the recent court actions against them?  I've been with them for
> about 1.5 years now and have never had a problem with them.  Are there
> bad experiences others are experiencing that I'm not?  All my problems
> thus far with them have been due to my ISP (Comcast), not Vonage.
> They've been way better than any telco I've ever been with, and way
> cheaper than the big names out there that I've seen.

I will second that.  I use broad voice and I don't believe I have have
problems with their service.  I do have terrible connection services
with Comcast though.  They have really fast speeds (and I really love
having the incredible download speeds), but their reliability is very
poor.  I don't mean terrible as in being down for minutes or hours once
in a while.  I mean I get a 2 or 3 second complete connection loss every
10 or 20 minutes.  Most people would never notice it (downloads, web
browsing, etc).  But playing games online, or using the voip phone,
those two seconds mean the difference between your spell being cast, and
sudden death!