compromised Linux box

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:26:47 MDT 2007

On 4/12/07, Dallin Jones <squitoey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a server of mine compromised earlier today, and it made me
> contemplate the measures and steps every one takes to ensure that
> their box doesn't get compromised and when it does happen, how do you
> know that it happened? In the meantime, I'll get back to the
> re-imaging of my server. (Thank goodness for working backups!!!)

The best way to know that you've been compromised is when you start getting
calls from your hosting provider or co-lo facility that people are
complaining about spam, or your web site has turned into a porn site
overnight.  That's a dead giveaway so I've been told.

LOL

-- Matthew Frederico
http://www.ultrize.com