[OT] Old school film conversion

Andrew Jorgensen andrew.jorgensen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:37:20 MDT 2007

On 4/11/07, Daniel <teletautala at gmail.com> wrote:
> My father-in-law has miles of tape and his children want to see them
> again.  The bulb has burnt out for the projector and the condition of
> the whole is questionable.  Does anyone know of a good, reliable
> company that converts old reel films into DVDs for a reasonable price?

You might check with a university library.  BYU's has a film section
in special collections and I'm sure they have all the equipment to
transfer to <something> so it would be worth asking if they provide a
service.  There's a fair chance they do 'cause they probably provide a
service for other departments.  Worth a shot.  U of U probably has a
similar setup.